9.16.2005

Go Be Young

I went to a bar for the first time in my life. Erik Lollar invited me to go see him play at an Open Mic Night, and I complied. It had been one hell of a long day, and I was certainly eager to get off campus and do something out of the ordinary. Erik has fallen back into my life, as he tends to do, and I wanted to see him for the first time in about a year. I wanted to go.

I told Jim and Joey about the excursion, and they wanted to go, so we all set out to Maclain's. We missed it the first time, and when we got back to it, Erik had already played his set. He was also quite drunk, which is honestly neither here nor there. He greeted me with a running and flying hug, which also is not that unusual. I decided it was going to be a good night.

He wanted to go meet his friend Gagnog [what a name, I know] at another bar, one he has a membership to on account of his feat of drinking five Guiness in a row. So we went in, he bought a pitcher of beer and shared it in small amounts [which I allowed] with my brother and boyfriend. I had maybe three sips of it, and even I had to admit it wasn't as ass-nasty as the other beer I've had before.

Joey and Erik played pool [in a really hilarious fashion] and Gagnog came up and said "Where did all the striped go" and Erik said "the sober guy hit them in the pocket."

Joey won.

Erik and I kidded around and hugged more and caught up and he messed with me as usual, and I messed with him right back. Eventually, we left to take him to his place, and we met his housemates [which includes Michael Shiles's twin brother Doug] and we decided to roll out when they started looking for rolling papers.

As we were leaving, Erik said to us: "You go be good, and we'll fuck things up. You go be good, and someday you will rule the world. And we will beg for mercy."

And he leaned over and whispered in my ear. "And you will consider it."

I thought: you know me so well, Erik Lollar.

I wouldn't consider it. I would do it in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home